Wii - Unable to build or save in Toy Box

including hints, tips and glitches. any hardware, software or gameplay related questions go in this forum
please try and make it clear in the topic title what the content is
a title such as "toy box" will not help anyone when searching for information

Re: Wii - Unable to build or save in Toy Box

Postby MickeyFanatic » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:24 pm

I am having the same problem. How do you create new toy boxes?
MickeyFanatic
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby SapphireandSpark » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:56 am

I'm so confused too, as far as I know I couldn't create a new toy box, but some people are saying it's possible?
SapphireandSpark

Postby stef12280 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:11 am

I am having the same problem. I can not build in the toy box. I can do the tutorials but I can't build.
Also after playing in toy box and putting the disc on the platform you got to change the disc and it says "sorry there are too many toys in the toy box".
stef12280

Postby djpwilk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:09 am

Hi,

You can build in the pre-built toy boxes. They do look bleak initially - I guess it will take time (and accessing the various deign packs, themes, toys etc) to make a good job of them. As other posters have said, you can't have a generic toybox - e.g. the cars will only be usable in the driving toybox.

My 7 year old son and I have had quite some fun building stuff in the driving box so far.You can create things that look good but you need to think about the design quite carefully - its not super simple to make something that looks great.

With regard to the maximum number of toys, some toys have a limit on how many you can deploy. In particular, ones which are autonomous or complex (like combat opponents) have a limit (normally set to 5 from what I can see). This makes the combat toybox not very usable I think, unless you can find a way to cause baddies to be released somehow by a trigger pad. The driving and platforming toyboxes are probably the places to invest time in the restricted Wii version.

However, my big problem is that I have not worked out the byzantine system by which toy boxes are saved. I have lost considerable amounts of content already, so I am now wary of investing any more in them until I figure out how it works. Can anyone explain how the saved toyboxes actually work? Often times I try and re-load my toybox the next day and it appears to have reverted to blank condition, or even more puzzlingly, reverted to some prior save containing earlier building works. Very odd.
djpwilk

Postby Jazz820 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:08 pm

What I do every time before I leave my toy box is save it manually, I push 2 go to the menu go down to save click A and then I save it there. Then every time I go in my toy box and change things I follow that same thing but save it to the existing toy box so it'll make the changes.

rank_1250
Jazz820
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby djpwilk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks @jazz, but what do you mean by 'save it to the existing toybox"? When I go to save a game I have the options of saving it over an existing saved game (named by default like 'toy box 1', 'toy box 2' etc) or as a new save.

I find I have to remember to save a given toybox (e.g. the driving box) to 'toybox 1', and make sure I never use 'toybox 1' save game when saving work in another to box.

yet no matter how careful I am, I always seem to lose stuff.

Then also, there is another layer to game saving - when you first put the disc in and power up the wii, you can select from a range of saved games named something like 'disney infinity game 1'.

I'm confused...
djpwilk

Postby Jazz820 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:10 pm

What I do is make Toy Box 2 my main toy box and that's where I build alot of stuff and so I just always save to toy box 2 unless I'm in another toy box

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Postby laurent59 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 am

Hi all,
I think I understood how it works...
In the Wii version, you can't mix Toyboxes. You also should save them on differents saves.

For exemple, you should use one save for Building ToyBox, another one for Sports Toybox etc...
If you load a predefined toybox and build on it, every other toybox is deleted !

Imagine you build on "sport toybox", you save... that's ok, when you'll load the game again, your changes will appear.
Now, you want to build in the "race toyboy" and then you save... if you use the same save slot, your changes will appear on "race toybox" but the "sport toyboy" is initialized and you lose every changes made on it !

Wii version really seam to be a "light version" of the game... :(
laurent59

Postby Jazz820 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 am

Although there are restrictions to the Wii version, people who can't go out and buy a new system should feel lucky they still got the game and can play it, even tho there are things out of the Wii version. We still can play it and just have to work around the restrictions and have fun.

rank_1250
Jazz820
NN ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity questions, hints and help